You can automatically publish your website posts and page content on your social media accounts with the auto-posting feature of Blog2Social Premium. You can also automatically post WP content imported by RSS feeds to your social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Google My Business.
You have the following options for auto-posting with Blog2Social:
1. Share new or updated WordPress content with the autoposter
To share your own WP content fully automated on your social media channels as soon as you publish new content or update content, go to:
“Blog2Social” -> “Settings” -> “Auto-Post”.
Follow this quick guide:
Find more information in the advanced guide to sharing your content with the autoposter.
2. Share WordPress content individually with the autoposter
If you want to activate the autoposter for individual posts, open the post or page editor of that post in your WordPress backend and scroll the right menu bar to "Social Media Auto-Posting".
Follow this quick guide:
or find more information in the advanced guide on how to activate the autoposter for individual WP posts.
3. Share imported WP content Autoposter: Content that you import via plugins (e.g. WPeMatico) as WP content can be shared automatically on your social media channels.
Set up your import plugin and make sure to set your WordPress user as the author of the posts, then follow this Quick Guide:
Find more information in the advanced guide for sharing imported articles with the autoposter.
Advanced Guide for the Autoposter
If you import posts via RSS feeds into your own WordPress website, you can share them automatically on Twitter, Facebook, and Google My Business with Blog2Social.
To import blog posts via RSS feeds, you can use a specialized RSS feed plugin that imports the RSS posts as blog posts into your WordPress backend.
Which RSS import plugins are supported by Blog2Social?
There is a multitude of plugins that can import RSS feeds and you can easily install one of them in your WordPress backend. Blog2Social is generally compatible with page builder plugins that follow the official WordPress rules and conventions.
The following RSS feed plugins have been specifically tested for our customers:
If you need any assistance with other page builder plugins you are using, please do not hesitate to contact us. >> Contact Blog2Social.
These plugins save the posts from your selected RSS feeds as drafts or - depending on your settings - publish them on your WordPress blog as soon as they are imported. With the Blog2Social Auto-Poster, these imported blog posts are automatically shared on your social media channels as soon after they are published on your website, or with the selected time delay.
- The Auto-Poster settings for imported RSS-feeds will automatically share the imported posts that are published directly on your website. For RSS-feed posts that are imported as drafts the auto-posting will be triggered by the general auto-poster settings for new and updated posts from your website (See instructions above)
- In most RSS-feed plugins you can specify a WordPress author / user account for the RSS-feeds import. Make sure that the auto-poster settings are enabled in the same author account for which the RSS-import is specified. As Blog2Social operates user-based, the auto-poster settings can be configured individually for each user account.
How to set up the Auto-Poster for imported posts from RSS-feeds
You can find your Auto-Poster settings under Blog2Social>Settings. Select the menu item "Auto-Posting".
You can manage the automatic publication of imported posts under "Auto-post your imported posts to your social media accounts.".
First, activate the automatic posting of your imported posts by setting the slider from "OFF" to "ON".
- Twitter: Due to the new guidelines and cross-posting terms of Twitter, users are no longer allowed to post identical or substantially similar content to multiple accounts multiple duplicate updates on one account. The "Customize & Schedule" feature allows you to publish your posts on several Twitter accounts at the same time by varying the comment texts.
- Facebook profiles: Due to Facebook's new API guidelines, auto-posting on Facebook Profiles is restricted for social media tools or apps. With Facebook Instant Sharing, we provide you with an alternative option to share your posts with Blog2Social on your Facebook Profile. Auto-posts for Facebook Profiles are saved in the "Instant Sharing" tab in your navigation bar under "Posts & Sharing" and can be sent to your Facebook Profile by clicking the "Share" button next to the post.
Select whether you want to automatically share imported blog posts immediately after publication or with a delay of up to 10 minutes. This delay is useful if you're publishing multiple imported posts at once, but want to share the social media posts at different times and not all at once. You can increase or decrease the number of minutes by clicking the up and down arrows.
You can also specify which post types (blog post, page, or custom post type) should be considered by the Auto-Poster or which post types should be excluded from auto-posting. This way, the Blog2Social Auto-Poster will share only imported posts that meet your criteria.
If you are happy with your settings, click on "Save".
Your imported and published posts will be now automatically shared on the selected Facebook Profiles and Pages as well as on the Twitter profile and your Google My Business Profile.
Find out more about more options to use the Auto-Poster for auto-scheduling your posts: How do I auto-post and auto-schedule blog posts on social media with the Social Media Auto-Poster?
Find out more for automatically re-sharing your published posts: Re-share your posts automatically.
More options for automatically customized posts: How to use post templates for social media posts?