With a premium version of Blog2Social, you can automatically publish your blog posts with the auto-posting feature on your social media. In addition, you can automatically post blog posts imported via RSS feeds and plugins to Facebook and Twitter.
Blog2Social distinguishes between two types of auto-posting.
- Share blog posts via Auto-Poster: Your own blog posts will be shared fully automated on your social media channels as soon as you publish or update a new post.
- Share imported RSS feeds via Auto-Poster: Posts that you import via RSS feeds and plugins are shared fully automatically on your social media channels.
Find out how you can set up and use these features for yourself in a time-saving and effective way:
What would you like to do?
If you import external blog posts via RSS feeds into your own WordPress blog, you can share them automatically on Twitter and Facebook with Blog2Social and save a lot of time in your social media management.
To import blog posts via RSS feeds, you need an external plugin that imports the RSS posts as blog posts into your WordPress backend.
Therefore you should have a look at some plugins that can import RSS feeds and install one of them in your WordPress backend. Here are some recommendations from us:
These plugins save blog posts from your selected websites as drafts or - depending on your settings - publish them on your WordPress blog as soon as they are imported. With the Auto-Poster, these imported blog posts are automatically shared on your social media channels after their publication.
- Imported blog posts will only be shared after their publication from the Auto-Poster to social media. Blog posts who are imported as drafts have to be published first for the Auto-Poster to be activated. To make the Auto-Poster post these blog posts after publication, you have to activate the auto poster for your own posts. More information.
- You can specify an author in the settings of the plugin that imports the RSS feeds. Make sure that the author corresponds to the user who activated the auto-poster in their settings because this is the only way to activate the auto-poster during import.
How to set up the Auto-Poster for imported blog posts
You can find your Auto-Poster settings under Blog2Social>Settings. Select the menu item "Auto-Posting".
You can manage the automatic publication of imported posts under "Auto-post your imported posts to Twitter & Facebook".
First, activate the automatic posting of your imported posts by setting the slider from "OFF" to "ON".
- Twitter: Due to the new guidelines and cross-posting terms of Twitter, users are no longer allowed to post identical or substantially similar content to multiple accounts multiple duplicate updates on one account. The "Customize & Schedule" feature allows you to publish your posts on several Twitter accounts at the same time by varying the comment texts.
- Facebook profiles: Due to Facebook's new API guidelines, auto-posting on Facebook Profiles is no longer allowed with any social media tool or app. With Facebook Instant Sharing, you can still share with Blog2Social on your Facebook Profile. Auto-posts for Facebook Profiles are saved in the "Instant Sharing" tab in your navigation bar under "Posts & Sharing" and can be sent to your Facebook Profile by clicking the "Share" button next to the post.
Then choose whether you want to automatically share imported blog posts immediately after publication or with a delay of up to 10 minutes. This delay is useful if you're publishing multiple imported posts at once, but want to share the social media posts at different times and not all at once. You can increase or decrease the number of minutes by clicking the up and down arrows.
You can also specify which post types (blog post, page or custom post type) should be considered by the Auto-Poster or which post types should not be considered. This way, the Blog2Social Auto-Poster will share only imported posts that meet your criteria.
If you are happy with your settings, click on "Save".
Your published imported blog posts will be now automatically shared on the selected Facebook Profiles and Pages as well as on the Twitter profile.
Find out more about the second possibility to use the Auto-Poster: How do I auto-post and auto-schedule blog posts on social media with the Social Media Auto-Poster?