First of all, the Instagram connection guide will help you with general information on How to connect your Personal Instagram Profile to Blog2Social. If this instruction does not help as expected and you still encounter any issues or notifications like "Connection/Authorization failed" there can be multiple reasons for this. The following checklist will provide you with proven methods to solve common issues with connecting your Personal Instagram Profile or your Instagram Business account:
I cannot connect my Instagram account
If this is your first time you try to connect your Personal Instagram Profile with Blog2Social, please check the following aspects to make sure your Personal Instagram Profile meets the requirements for connecting and posting on Instagram:
1. Check your Instagram account
- Check if your Instagram profile to see if it is complete and meets all the community rules and requirements, such as your bio with your name and birthdate, and a valid email address and phone number.
- Check your app store to see if you missed an Instagram update.
- Check, if the 2-factor-authentication for your Instagram account is disabled to allow Blog2Social to share your posts on Instagram. By converting your Personal Instagram Profile to an Instagram Business account and connecting it with Blog2Social you can use the 2-factor-authentication in your Instagram account settings.
- Make sure to post at least one image from your mobile phone on Instagram to make sure that this works.
2. Confirm security notifications
Log into your Instagram app on your mobile phone to see if there are any security messages you need to confirm. Also, check your SMS notifications and your emails to see, if Instagram sent you any security notifications to confirm.
- If you connect Instagram with Blog2Social for the first time, Instagram might report that a server from Germany in the Cologne area is trying to access your account. This is a normal security notification due to the fact that the Blog2Social server is located in this area. So this is a regular security notice to make sure the access is safe. Please confirm the access with 'That was me', so that you can connect Instagram to Blog2Social. This is important to receive a new verification code and successfully connect to Instagram. This message will only appear for the initial connection or if you renew your connection.
You declined this notification unintentionally? Please contact our customer service on our website or send us a private message in the Blog2Social support community to help you out.
- Security Code
When you connect to Instagram, you may be prompted to enter a security code to confirm your account. Instagram will send you an email or SMS with a security code for your e-mail account. Please, copy and paste this code into the Blog2Social popup window for the security code and click ‘confirm’.
If you do not receive the code, please note the following: The email with the code will be sent by Instagram. Please check your email in the Instagram app to see if it is the right one. Make sure your email is verified and you can receive other emails from Instagram. Please also check your spam folder to make sure that the email has not landed there.
3. Check your login credentials
If you encounter this message:
Please note: Make sure you login with your Instagram user name and password (not with your e-mail address and password or your Facebook credentials when you connect Instagram with Blog2Social). Please make sure to enter the Instagram username and password by hand, do not copy it.
If you have an Instagram Business account and you use the same credentials for both your private and your Business account, create a separate password for both accounts to make sure Blog2Social can connect the correct account.
If this still does not work out for you:
4. Connect in private / incognito mode
Log in to Instagram in a private/incognito window in your browser to see whether you get a connection. Again, please make sure to enter the Instagram username (not the email address) and password by hand, do not copy it. And reconnect as shown in the Connecting Instagram guide.
If this still does not work:
5. Reboot the connection to Blog2Social
Deactivate all the existing connections to Instagram in the “Blog2Social -> Networks” settings using the trash icon. Deactivate all existing Auth applications for Blog2Social in your Instagram account.
Log out of Instagram in your browser in every window as well as on all your computers and mobile devices. Please make sure to log out of the Instagram app on your mobile phone and not just close the app. An active connection to Instagram can probably interfere when you try to connect it to Blog2Social. (You can log in again on all devices as soon as Instagram has been successfully connected to Blog2Social)
Reconnect Instagram in the Blog2Social network settings. Please make sure to type and not copy the username and password (not your email address).
And reconnect as shown in the Connecting Instagram guide.
6. Convert to an Instagram Business account
You can also consider converting your Personal Instagram Profile into a Business Account in order to benefit from many additional features in Instagram. The only requirement is a Facebook Page to which you can connect your Instagram Business account.
The following guide will show you, how to convert your Personal Profile: >> How to convert your Personal Instagram Profile into a Business Account.
Connecting a Facebook page can be done from within Facebook or directly in Instagram. The following guide will show you how to easily connect your Instagram Business Account with your Facebook page step by step: >> How to connect your Instagram Business Account with your Facebook page.
After you have checked and configured these two requirements, you can now connect your Instagram business account with Blog2Social. You can find out how to do this in the guide: >> How can I connect Blog2Social to my Instagram Business Account?
Authorization failed or is interrupted
If you successfully connected your Instagram account but receive the following error message: “Your authorization is interrupted. Please check your authorization.”, you can proceed with the following steps:
- Log out of all active Instagram sessions on all your devices. (Mobile/PC - make sure to log out, do not just close the app)
- Delete your Blog2Social connection to Instagram.
- Check your app store to see if you missed an Instagram update.
- Check your Instagram profile to see if it is complete (e.g birthday and phone number).
- Reconnect Blog2Social to Instagram.
- Log in with your Instagram username (not your email address) and password.
My Instagram account is not displayed in my connected network
If you have clicked on “confirm” but your account does not appear among your connected networks, please log into your Instagram account. You may receive a message saying that Instagram detected “suspicious login attempts” from the Blog2Social server-based near Cologne, Germany. This is a regular security notification due to the fact, that the Blog2Social server is based in this area. This message will make sure the connection is safe. Please, confirm “This was me”. This is important to receive a new verification code and successfully connect to Instagram, as described above.
More troubleshooting guides for Instagram
- Posting on Instagram - Troubleshooting checklist
- Why doesn't Instagram post my image or display my image incorrectly?
- Why does Instagram not publish my post/text?
- Why does my Instagram post appear without caption and hashtags?
- Instagram could not post my image, because my image is not available
- Instagram has blocked my account