I cannot connect my Instagram account
If you should experience any issues when you try to connect your Instagram Business account with Blog2Social, please make sure that you are using the latest version of Blog2Social.
The following checklist will help you to find possible solutions for connecting and posting on Instagram:
1. Check your Instagram account type
- Is your account an Instagram Business account?
Instagram allows social media tools for the Instagram Business account type only.
However, if you don’t have an Instagram Business account yet, you can easily convert your Instagram Personal account or Creator account into a Business account (see below). You can then connect or reconnect your Instagram Business account with Blog2Social (all Premium versions).
Even if you have a private blog or website, the Instagram Business account type provides many benefits for your Instagram marketing.
How to convert your Personal Instagram Profile into a Business Account
Please note: Creator profiles are different from Instagram Business Accounts and are not yet supported as such by the Instagram Business interface. Therefore, please make sure your Instagram account is set to "Business" instead of "Creator".
- Did you connect your Instagram Business account with your Facebook Page?
In order to connect your Instagram Business account with Blog2Social, please connect a Facebook Page with your Instagram Business account first.
How to connect your Instagram Business Account with your Facebook page
Please make sure that your account is linked to a Facebook page. You can login on Instagram via your browser and open this settings page. Here you can connect your Facebook Page with our Instagram Business account:
- After you have checked and configured these two requirements, you can connect your Instagram business account with Blog2Social.
The following guide will show you how to do this step-by-step:
How can I connect Blog2Social to my Instagram Business Account?
2. Check your login credentials
If you encounter this message:
"The password you’ve entered is incorrect. Forgot Password?"
Please note: Make sure you login with your Facebook email address and password. Please make sure to enter the credentials (email address and password) by hand, do not copy it.
3. Check the connection of Instagram and Facebook
Please check the connection on Instagram as well as on Facebook, since both ways can ensure that you can connect your Instagram Business account successfully with Blog2Social.
Please make sure that your Instagram account is linked to a Facebook Page. To do this, log in to Instagram via your browser and then go to the following link:
Your Facebook Page should be listed here. If it is not, please link your Page.
Does your personal Facebook profile have admin rights for the specific Facebook Page that you want to link with your Instagram Business account?
To check your page role settings on Facebook, please click on "Settings" and navigate to "Page roles".
Please make sure that your personal Facebook profile is listed as an admin for the page.
Is your account in review on Facebook?
Please log in on Facebook and go to the page settings. Here you'll find the "Instagram" tab.
You can resolve this by clicking on "Review Connection" and following the steps afterwards.
4. Working with the Facebook Business-Manager?
If you work with the Facebook Business Manager for your Facebook accounts, please make sure that the Facebook page and Instagram account are integrated in the same Business Manager account.
You can check this by opening the Business Manager and navigate to the company settings. Check under "Pages" whether the Facebook profile is correctly assigned.
If not, please add it. Next, crosscheck under "Instagram accounts" whether the Instagram account is correctly assigned or add it manually, if it is missing.
5. Does the Instagram account name contain one or more emojis?
Emojis in the Instagram account name cause problems when using the Facebook API. Therefore, remove any emojis from the name and try again. You can change the name under "Edit profile".
If you continue to notice issues after following these steps, please double-check if your account is set up as an Instagram Business account type. You can verify this easily by checking the corresponding settings in the Instagram app on your smartphone. The item "Company settings" should be visible there. If you find the option "Register for a Business account" instead, then no Business account has been set up yet.
In rare cases, there might be a Facebook API error with your account. In that case, you can file a bug report with Facebook and point out a bug on Facebook's part.
You can get in touch with Facebook at:
6. Reset the connection to your Facebook Page
If you still do not manage to connect your Instagram account with Blog2Social, reset your Facebook and Instagram connections to start again.
- First of all, please disconnect the established Facebook connection on Instagram.
This guide will show you how to do it:
- Next, open the settings in the Instagram app on your smartphone. You should see the item "Company settings" there. If you find the option "Register for a business profile" instead, no business profile has been set up yet.
You can convert your Instagram account now by clicking this option and following the instructions.
- Next, reconnect the Instagram account with the Facebook Page.
The link between your Instagram account and your Facebook Page can be established either on the computer or via smartphone.
If you experience issues with publishing posts after connecting to Blog2Social, please disconnect and reconnect it via the Instagram app on the smartphone.
Here you can find instructions on how to link your Instagram account to your Facebook account via smartphone:
Please open the settings of the Facebook Page you want to connect with the Instagram account. In the "Instagram" section you will find a button to link both accounts. If there is no Business account set up for the Instagram account yet, you will now be prompted to enter business contact information. Afterward you should be able to connect your Instagram account with your Facebook Page.
7. Reset your Instagram settings
If all the steps above still couldn’t fix the issue and you still cannot connect your Instagram Business account with Blog2Social, please try the following process of resetting your Instagram account settings.
Disconnect and reconnect your Instagram, Facebook and Blog2Social accounts:
First delete the existing connection of your Instagram account in Blog2Social by clicking on the small trash can icon next to the Instagram account in the network overview.
Next, please proceed as follows:
- Remove the link on Instagram. To do this, please log into your Instagram account and click on the following link:
- If the connection between your Facebook page and your Instagram Business account is still active and visible, remove the link on Facebook as well.
To do this, please click on the Facebook page. Then, click on "Settings" and "Instagram".
- Convert your Instagram Business account into a personal account.
The following link will guide you directly to the settings. Click on "Switch to personal account":
Attention: When converting back to a personal account, the Insights of the Instagram account will be irrevocably lost. Please make sure to backup any data you will need access to, before proceeding with this step.
- Convert your personal Instagram account into an Instagram Business account. This can be initiated by clicking on "Switch to professional account". Next, please select "Business". You can select a matching category for your website, blog, or business, for example "Product/Service". Rest assured, the category does not have to be displayed visible on your account profile.
- Now you can connect your Instagram Business account with your Facebook Page. Please click on the following link and select "Add".
- Next, please connect your Instagram account with Blog2Social. To do this, click on "+Business" in the Blog2Social network overview, as shown in the following guide:
How can I connect Blog2Social to my Instagram Business Account?
The connection should now be successfully established.
More troubleshooting guides for Instagram
- Posting on Instagram - Troubleshooting checklist
- Why doesn't Instagram post my image or display my image incorrectly?
- Why does Instagram not publish my post/text?
- Why does my Instagram post appear without caption and hashtags?
- Instagram could not post my image, because my image is not available
- Instagram has blocked my account