Blog2Social turns your social media posts automatically into an adapted format for each social platform and community. Using different post formats gives you the opportunity to determine the focus of your social media post.
Facebook offers you to choose between two basic post formats to present your content:
- Link post
- Image Post
Blog2Social allows you to decide in which format your social media posts should be posted on Facebook.
How to share your blog post with a focus on the link
A link post focuses on your link and your blog content. When using the link post format the social networks automatically generate a link preview from your Meta or Open Graph information.
Use the link post format to lead your readers to your blog, website or online shop by giving them a first impression of your content. If your post contains an image, Facebook also displays the first image detected on the your page or the selected image you choose from the Blog2Social image gallery. The image is automatically linked to your blog post.
A link post consists of:
1. The comment you want to publish on Facebook.
2. Automatically generated hashtags from your WordPress tags (Blog2Social feature)
3.-5. The link preview: By clicking on the link preview you will be lead directly to your blog post.
3. Description: automatically generated from your og:description tags.
4. Image: automatically generated from your og:image tags.
5. Title: automatically generated from your og:title tags.
How to share your blog post with a focus on the image
The image post format sets the focus on your image. If you click on the image, the image will enlarge. When using Blog2Social, your link is inserted as a clickable link below your text.
The images you used for your social media posts will be automatically uploaded to your Facebook image gallery. This way they stay visible on your Facebook Profile or Page when your post has long disappeared in the flow of social media updates.
An image post consists of:
- The comment you want to publish on Facebook.
- Automatically generated hashtags from your WordPress keywords (Blog2Social feature).
- The description that is automatically generated from your og:description tags.
- A clickable link to your blog post (optional).
- The image you selected to share on your social media.
Select your post format for your Facebook post with Blog2Social
To select your Facebook post format by default, simply click on "Networks" on the upper or the left-hand navigation bar: Blog2Social>Networks.
Click on the “Edit Post Format” button right-hand of your Facebook connections.
Select the post format for your content: link post or image post.
If you are happy with your settings, click on "save".
Tip: Select not only your post format, but also other settings for your social media posts by default with social media post templates.Tags: customizing, Facebook