Update Blog2Social to version 6.1 to benefit from a revised version of the social media autoposter, use URL parameters to track your link performance, use custom short links with Bitly and Rebrandly, use the link post format for VK and much more.
Social Media Autoposter Revised (Premium: Smart, Pro & Business)
Setting up and working with the auto poster for your social media posts is easier and faster than ever with the new revised auto poster settings:
- One-step to set up all standard (default) settings for auto-posting of your WP posts and imported posts:
- Select your default social media network collection for autoposting.
- Define your default time settings for autoposting your social media posts: immediately after publishing or at your best time settings for each network.
- Select whether the autoposter should automatically publish only newly created or also updated articles on the social media.
- Select for which WordPress post type the autoposter should be used.
-A preview of your auto poster settings on the sidebar of each post shows you:
- Your current default settings for autoposting (see above).
- How many times this post has been shared.
The date, when his post was last shared.
- Advanced setting options to change your current settings for this post.
- If you don’t need to make any changes for your current post, your post will be shared automatically according to your default setting.
- All default settings and changes will also be saved with your drafts.
New URL Shortener Rebrandly & Custom URLs for Bitly and Rebrandly
With Blog2Social 6.1 you can now also use Rebrandly to shorten your post URL that is automatically integrated into your social media posts.
URL shorteners like Rebrandly or Bitly help you keep your posts short and simple. They make sure that your links take up less of your valuable space and give you more characters to add hashtags or tag users.
Another big benefit of shortened URLs is the ability to track your link performance. Using a URL shortener like Rebrandly or Bitly enables you to track your traffic and collect information like CTR, geographic locations of viewers, the social networks they found you on and much more. You can review some of these stats for free to improve your social media strategy or use advanced reporting options with the Premium service.
Learn how to use the URL shortener Rebrandly for your social media strategy.
Learn how to track the performance of your blog posts on social media with Bitly.
With Rebrandly and Bitly, you can also create professional-looking links that are customized to your brand. While normal short links don’t convey your brand name, custom short links let people know which website they are about to enter.
If you have linked your website to your Rebrandly or Bitly account to create these custom URLs, Blog2Social will automatically take your branded link when shortening links for your social media posts.
URL Parameters: Use UTM and Other Parameters to Track Your Link Performance (Business version)
Do you know how effective your online marketing campaigns are? Can you say which social media channel generated the most traffic for your last promotion? Tracking the performance of your marketing success is a vital part of online marketing.
By tracking which posts get the most clicks from which source, you can identify the best way to address your targets on each marketing channel with your brand messages.
This is where URL parameters come in: URL parameters are short text strings that are added to the end of a URL with the purpose of tracking how often and by whom that link is clicked.
The most popular method of tracking link performance with URL parameters is the use of Google Analytics’ UTM parameters.
You can now add URL parameters to individual links or set default parameters for each social media connection or all connections.
Learn how to use Google Analytics UTM parameters as URL parameters with Blog2Social.
VK Link Post Format (Premium: Smart, Pro & Business)
You can now choose the post format for your social media posts on the popular Russian social network VK (Vkontakte.ru).
A link post focuses on your link and your post content. When using the link post format the social networks automatically generate a link preview from your meta tags or Open Graph parameters.
Use the link post format to lead your readers to your blog, website or online shop by giving them a preview of your content.
Learn more about the link post format and how to use it for your posts.
More Improvements and Tweaks:
- You can now connect and post to Tumblr side blogs.
- See more posts at once: You can now decide whether you want to see 25, 50 or 100 posts in your “Share Website & Blog Content” section.
- Find out who shared what: Select users to see all the posts they have shared.
- Images are now correctly displayed in the post preview on Torial.
- Individual best time settings are now correctly loaded.
- You can now use bold and italic to format your text in the HTML Editor for Torial Tumblr and Medium.
- OG titles tags will now be correctly set for scheduled WordPress posts.