After having explored some general social networking rules for how often to post on the major social networks, let’s move to a more specific question: How often to share your blog content to social media for better blog promotion?
Social Media are the best source to drive traffic to your blog. Social networks will bring your blog content to an engaged audience. So, social media should be a major part of your blog marketing strategy. However, as with content in general, there are different rules for each network. For each social network there is an optimal frequency of posting for maximum engagement. Exceeding this frequency may result in annoying fans and driving away followers.
We have done some thorough research on the posting frequency for a better blog promotion that will help you to follow some basic guidelines for what might be best practice for your blog to social media scheduling.
We have placed our results into a scheduling infographic as scheduling guide and checklist for your daily task. Use these guidelines as a starting point for your own experiments and analytics. And please share your results and recommendations with us and with others. We’d be glad to know what works for you and what doesn’t. Please feel free to share the graphics to whomever you think may find them helpful.
[Infographic] How often to share your blog post on social media?
Share this image on your blog and to your social media!
Take this code to embed this Infographic on your side
How often to post your blog content to social media?
- Boost your blog post up to 4 times per day for initial promotion
- Re-post your content with different comments once a day over the next few weeks, then slow down to once a month for your evergreen content
- Please Note: For every 3 pieces of creative or promotional content post 5 pieces of curated content from other sources and 2 pieces of personal content (that can also be replies and RTs with personal comments)
- Remember: The best times for posting to Twitter are the morning hours from 8 a.m. – 10 a.m, middays from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m and after work from 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Promote your blog post once for initial promotion
- Also post to your page and relevant groups, but do so at different days and times and use different comments
- Make your comments personal for more engagement
- Re-post your evergreen content every 3-4 month on your profile or page
- Remember: The best time for Facebook postings is in the afternoon from 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. and in the evening from 6 p.m. – 10 p.m., also on weekends
- Post your blog post once for initial promotion
- Post recurring updates to your profile once a week, then slow down to every 3-4 month on your profile, but not on your page
- Also post to your business page and / or your focus page depending on your content but do so at different days/times
- Post your blog content in groups, but do not just copy & paste, but use different comments depending on the group and target audience and post on different days and times
- Re-publish your blog content on LinkedIn Pulse
- Remember: The best time for LinkedIn postings is during office hours from 8 a.m. – 10 a.m. and in the afternoon from 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Pinterest, Instagram, Flickr
- Post your featured image of your blog post for initial promotion
- Then post all suitable graphics of your blog post over the following days
- Remember: The best times to post on
- Pinterest is around midday from 12 a.m. – 2 p.m. and in the evening from 7 p.m. – 10 p.m. and also post on weekends
- Instagram is around midday from 12 a.m. – 2 p.m. and in the evening from 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Flickr is in the early morning hours from 7 a.m. – 9 a.m. and in the evening from 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Medium, Tumblr, LinkedIn Pukse, Slideshare, Scribd, Issue, Quora, . . .
- Re-Publish your blog content to other blogging networks and content sharing sites to give your content a wider outreach
- You may vary your headlines and your copy
Social Media can help your blog promotion tremendously, but sharing and scheduling your blog posts for the right frequency and at the best times to post on social media can be some pretty gruesome manual work and costs a lot of your valuable time.
How Blog2Social Can Help
Most people do not have the time to post all day, everyday. Planning and writing valuable content takes up enough of your valuable time. Monitoring and engaging with your community is not less time consuming and even more important. So how would you feel to reduce the time and work for your content promotion to a minimum of time?
Blog2Social is a WordPress plugin that helps you to easily customize and schedule all your blog content and automatically cross-posts and cross-promote your content to social media. The plugin makes it easy to customize your posts with individual comments according to each networks posting options such as number of characters, hastags oder handles and to plan your posts to ensure they meet the ideal time and frequency for each network.
Interested in trying out Blog2Social?
Download and cross-promote your blog posts for free and even try out all advanced premium features for cross-posting and scheduling with your 30 day free trial today!
Melanie Tamblé is co-founder and co-CEO of Adenion GmbH. She is an experienced expert in content marketing and social media.
Adenion GmbH specializes in online services and tools for bloggers, businesses and agencies of any size to support their online marketing and content seeding tasks on the web.
Blog2Social as WordPress Plugin and WebApp enable fast and easy auto-posting, scheduling and cross-promotion of blog posts, articles, links, images, videos and documents across multiple social media sites.
Social media posts will be automatically turned into a customized format for each social platform and auto-scheduled for the best time. Social media post can be previewed and tailored with individual post formats, images or personal comments – all in one easy step.