Cross-promotion: why tailored posts get more likes?
Cross-promote at the best times to post on each network
WordPress allows you to schedule your posts to be published on a certain day and time. That is very convenient for better planning your posts when you find time to write and to publish, whenever it is the best time to get the words out. What if sharing your posts to social media was just as easy? Wouldn’t it be nice if there was a way to automatically schedule and share your WordPress posts to social media whenever it’s the best time to post?
Customizing posts for cross-promotion on multiple social platforms
The WordPress plugin Blog2Social posts to most of the networks I am using for cross-promoting my posts, that is:
- Facebook (profiles, pages, gorups)
- LinkedIn (profiles, pages)
- XING (profiles, pages, groups)
The plugin turns your post automatically into the optimum format for each network, with pre-filled excerpts of your post according to the allowed numbers of characters for each network.
You can auto-submit your posts for immediate publishing with just one click, but you can also customize and schedule your posts for each network almost just as easy. However, I personally prefer to customize my post and I would recommend to take this one more step to tailor your posts before you press the “Share” button. In my experience, customizing the posts gives your post just the individual touch it needs to get more engagement.
Blog2Social makes the customizing process quite easy. You can see all of your posts for all your connected networks on a one page preview. The editing fields allow you to add or remove the prefilled text, add personal comments, hashtags or handles.
You can schedule your automatically by activating the pre-defined Best Time Scheduler, or you can define and save your own time settings for your posts to be sent to the different networks, for all networks, for each network, once or on a recurring basis.
Setting up Blog2Social
Blog2Social offers you tow general sharing options, “Social Media Auto Posting” and “Custom Sharing & Scheduling” option with a variety of customization features to give you full control of your social media management.
With the Social Media Auto-Poster enabled, your posts will be shared on your social networks as soon as you publish your blog post, or at your scheduled times.
With the Custom Sharing and Scheduling option you will be directed to a one-page preview for all of your connected networks, profiles, pages or groups. On the right hand side bar you can add or remove networks or select a specific set of networks for your current sharing preferences. If you use Blog2Social Premium you can also define different sets of networks for various sharing purposes. For example if you want to share to certain networks once and to others recurringly. Or, if you share various images with different comments, or whatever you like to do to promote your post more than once or with posts targeting different communities.
More sharing and scheduling options for cross-promoting your blog posts
Tips for tailoring your posts
This is what I do for customizing to cross-promote my posts:
- Twitter: I add #hashtags to keywords. I also add @handles if I want to refer to a specific Twitter user for this post.
- Facebook profile: I add a personal comment to introduce my post. I ask questions or ask to comment on my post to encourage engagement. I use image posts format as well as link posts, depending on the content. We recently found out, that image posts have a huge impact on reach and interaction on Facebook. (In the Blog2Social settings you can switch from )
- Facebook page: I edit my text for my business page slightly to give it a more formal touch. And I schedule it for a different time (the Blog2Social Best Time Scheduler does that automatically).
- Google profile: I add a slightly longer introduction for my post. Longer comments work better on Google and I use #hashtags for keywords.
- Google page: I take the same comment as for my profile, but I schedule it for a different time.
- Google group: I do the same as for my page. I often post to groups on different days.
- LinkedIn profile: I use the same comment as on Facebook or tune it even a bit more businesslike.
- LinkedIn page or focus page: I use the same comment as for my Google page, also with #hashtags
- Instagram: I sometimes add call-for-shares or comments, if appropriate and check the #hashtags. (Blog2Social turns the tags of your post automatically into #hashtags)
- Pinterest: I just check the appropriate pinwall or select another, check or slightly edit the text and #hashtags
- Flickr: I just check the text and sometimes add #hashtags
- Medium, Tumblr: I re-publish my post as it is, but I schedule my post with a 3-7 day delay to my original post. Sometimes I make a few changes to the headline and the introduction or shorten the copy a bit. (The Blog2Social rich text editor makes this fast and easy)
- Reddit: I check my subreddit and the text or adapt it to the specific rules of the respective subreddit.
- Diigo: I publish as it is
- Delicious: I publish as it is
Wrap up: Cross-promote, don’t just crosspost
If you’re looking for new ways to manage the time to cross-promote your blog posts and cross-share your blog posts on multiple channels, smart automation will do the trick. The plugin Blog2Social will help you to manage your social media cross-promotions smarter, faster and easier. It saves a lot of time and routine work and leaves more space for actually networking with your followers.
Blog2Social is free for cross-posting and cross-promoting tailored posts automatically on your social media profiles. For scheduling and sharing option to multiple accounts, pages and groups it will be worth taking a look at the Premium version.