When is the best time to post to social media? The answer to this question might easily be considered the Holy Grail of social media knowledge. Good thing is we’re here to share that knowledge with you! So get ready to unlock the potential of perfect timing for your social media success.
Table of Contents
- Why is posting to social media at the right time so important?
- What is the best time to post on social media?
- The best time to post on Facebook
- The best time to post on Instagram
- The best time to post on LinkedIn
- The best time to post on Pinterest
- The best time to post on Twitter/X
- The best time to post on TikTok
- The best time to post on YouTube
- The best time to post on Telegram
- The best time to post on Reddit
- The best time to post on Google Business Profile
- Is there a tool that can help me manage and schedule posts at the best times?
- Wrapping Up
Why is posting to social media at the best time so important?
Picture this: You worked hard to create a great post. Your copy is near perfect, your hook is a banger and your CTA is irresistible. It’s packed with highly relevant and impactful information for your audience. Excitedly, you post it, and… crickets. People barely engage with it and your post gets lost in the throes of the algorithm.
It’s easily one of the most demotivating and disappointing things to happen, right? Right.
This is why posting at the best time on social media can significantly impact the success of your posts (and your strategy overall). It should never be just a mere afterthought but a careful consideration and observation. A well-timed post has the potential to reach a larger audience and drive engagement. Many social media algorithms consider early engagement on a new post to decide whether or not it should be pushed to more people. Posting at just the right time ensures that your audience sees and interacts with your content. Early engagement then leads to the algorithms showing your post to even more people.
This is why it’s crucial for you to know your target audience’s preferred social networks and the peak hours of their online activity. Getting them to see your content will not only drive engagement and promote your post. It will, ultimately, help you form meaningful connections with your audience, grow brand awareness and loyalty, and convert them from fans to clients.
What is the best time to post on social media?
As convenient as it would be to have a universal best time for all social platforms, the solution isn’t that simple. Each social media site caters to different audiences with different interests, preferences, and active hours. Therefore it’s best to look at each network individually to determine what posting time works best.
However, the easiest way to find out what the best time to post on social media is to take a look at your account insights. Every social media network offers business and creator accounts the option of monitoring their engagement. That includes an overview of your audiences’ peak hours and most active days.
So to get the best results, study your insights, experiment to see when you get the most engagement, and develop your own schedule.
If you’re new to social media and are still growing your account, it’s difficult to determine the best times and the active hours of your audience. On most platforms, you need to hit a certain amount of followers before you get shown data on it. This is why the times below are a good starting point.
Now let’s take a look at the best posting times on each network!
The best time to post on Facebook
The best time to post on Facebook is Mondays through Thursdays, 8 am to 1 pm. Those are the days and hours with peak engagement.
Facebook in numbers:
- As of October 2023, Facebook has surpassed 3 billion monthly active users.
- 2 billion people use Facebook daily.
- Users spend 19.42 hours a month on Facebook.
- The 25-34 age group is the biggest on Facebook (29.4%), followed by 18-24 (22.6%) and 35-44 (19.1%). Together, they amount to 71.1% of Facebook’s user base.
These numbers prove that Facebook provides an immense reach that – with a solid strategy – can boost brand awareness and visibility. With a variety of content formats, including text, images, videos/reels, stories, and live streams, Facebook allows for versatile marketing approaches to build and foster community engagement.
The best time to post on Instagram
The best time to post on Instagram is Mondays through Wednesdays and Fridays between 10 am and 12 pm.
Instagram in numbers:
- Instagram has 2 billion monthly active users, making it the third most popular social media site.
- 500 million people use Instagram daily.
- On average, users spend 29 minutes per day on Instagram.
- The biggest age group on Instagram is 18-24 (31.6%), followed by 25-34 (29.5%). They make up 61.1% of the user base.
The key to success on Instagram is understanding how its algorithm works. Posting at the right time is only one aspect that you need to consider. But don’t worry! Our blog post about the Instagram algorithm will help you set up your strategy and grow your account easily!
Tip: Posting consistently will help your growth. Instagram offers a great variety of content types to engage with your community and draw in more people. But how often should you post these different post types? Here’s a quick overview:
- Stories: 2-8 per day
- Reels: 1-3 per week
- Carousels: 1-2 per week
- Single post: 3-5 per week
Like the best posting times, these numbers are relative. Find a schedule that works for you and always keep in mind: quality before quantity! It’s better to post one or two high-quality pieces of content per week than to post inconsistently or a lot of irrelevant information.
The best time to post on LinkedIn
The best time to post on LinkedIn is Tuesdays through Thursdays from 10 am to 12 pm. Considering that LinkedIn is a business network, the worst days to post are the weekends. So be sure to share your content during weekdays at the peak times.
LinkedIn in numbers:
- LinkedIn has 950 million members.
- It is ranked #1 in B2B lead generation, converting visitors to leads 3 times (277%) more often than Facebook or X (Twitter).
- LinkedIn pages that post weekly have 5.6 times more followers and grow 7 times faster than those that post monthly.
- Almost 60% of LinkedIn users are between 24 and 35 years old.
LinkedIn is perfect for business networking, lead generation and industry-specific insights. With its focus on B2B marketing, you can easily reach business professionals, decision-makers and key stakeholders by sharing your expertise and driving engagement with thought leadership. This helps you build trust and credibility.
The best time to post on Pinterest
The best time to post on Pinterest is Wednesdays through Fridays between 12 pm and 3 pm.
Pinterest in numbers:
- Pinterest has 482 million monthly active users.
- The life span of a Pinterest Pin is 6 months to a year, as opposed to minutes, hours or days on sites like Instagram and TikTok.
- Shoppers on Pinterest spend 40% more per month than users on other platforms.
- 46% of weekly users have found a new brand or product on Pinterest.
Pinterest is a search engine for images and an idea catalog that people often use as a scrapbook (Pinterest boards) to collect inspiring, creative, or helpful content. Therefore, it is the ideal social network for businesses and brands to inspire and engage their audience visually. Through visual storytelling, DIY projects, How-To guides, and lifestyle content you can connect with your audience on a personal level. You can easily use Pinterest to turn inspiration into action and drive engagement.
The best time to post on Twitter (now X)
The best time to post on Twitter (now X) is Tuesdays through Thursdays from 9 am to 2 pm.
Twitter/X in numbers:
- Twitter/X has 666 million monthly active users.
- In Q4 2023, Twitter/X has had 6.4 billion worldwide website visits so far.
- The most preferred type of content is informative (55%), followed by relevant (39%) and engaging (36%).
- On average, Twitter/X users spend 20.45 minutes per day on the network.
Despite recent changes, Twitter/X remains a social network predominantly for short messaging. Due to its dynamic nature, Twitter/X is perfect for quick, concise communication, such as sharing updates, promotions, and otherwise engaging and informative content. Hashtags as well as trending topics help with discoverability and staying up-to-date with niche-specific content. Twitter/X is about real-time engagement and participation which allows you to stay close to your audience and communicate with them immediately. This in turn grows your relationship with them, effectively building your community.
The best time to post on TikTok
The best time to post on TikTok is Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 2 pm to 5 pm.
TikTok in numbers:
- TikTok has 1.2 billion monthly active users.
- In Q1 2023, TikTok was the most downloaded app with 239 million downloads worldwide. By Q3 2023, that number has grown to almost 273 million downloads.
- In 2022, users spent 23.5 hours per month on TikTok, making it the social media app people spend most of their time on.
- The biggest age group on TikTok is 18-24 (37.3%), followed by 25-34 (32.9%).
TikTok has taken the social media world by storm and only keeps gaining traction. With the right strategy, you can easily market to a younger demographic by showcasing products, services, and brand personality with the diverse and creative editing option TikTok offers. Engage, interact with, and reach a wider audience by using the duet and stitch features, participate in popular TikTok challenges, and make use of the template and music integration to craft compelling videos.
The best time to post on YouTube
The best time to post on YouTube is Thursdays through Saturdays from 3 pm to 9 pm.
YouTube in numbers:
- YouTube has nearly 2.5 billion monthly active users, making it the second most popular social media network.
- In 2022, users spent an average of 23.1 hours on YouTube.
- 500 hours of video is uploaded to YouTube every minute.
- People watch 1 billion hours of video on YouTube daily.
YouTube is not only one of the most popular social media networks. It’s also the second most popular search engine after Google. The platform acts as a media library, which means that videos remain relevant and visible months and even years after their upload. YouTube’s versatility allows different types of content to thrive. Connect with your audience with videos with immersive storytelling experiences, guide them with tutorials, or introduce them to a new addition in your portfolio with a product showcase, to name a few ideas.
The best time to post YouTube Shorts
The best time to post YouTube Shorts is Fridays and Saturdays from 4 pm to 12 am.
YouTube Shorts in numbers:
- YouTube Shorts have 2 billion monthly active users.
- YouTube Shorts have 70 billion daily views.
- They can be 60 seconds long.
- There are 747 million Shorts on YouTube.
YouTube launched Shorts, their own vertical video format, in July 2021. Like reels and TikToks, YouTube Shorts provide you with the chance to cater to a mobile-centric audience and engage them with snappy and entertaining content. Including YouTube Shorts in your strategy allows you to tap into YouTube’s already immense potential. Reach a broader audience and lead them to your long-form content by capturing their attention with YouTube Shorts.
The best time to post on Telegram
The best time to post on Telegram is Mondays through Fridays from 10 am to 12 pm and from 5 pm to 7 pm.
Telegram in numbers:
- Telegram has 800 million monthly active users.
- It’s the 4th most popular messaging app worldwide.
- The most popular channel categories on Telegram are news (85%), entertainment (62%) and education (58%).
- More than 15 billion messages are sent through Telegram every day.
With features like encrypted messaging, large group capacities, and multimedia sharing, Telegram offers a secure and engaging environment for connecting with your audience. Creating and promoting your own channels allows you to get in direct contact with your audience, thus building a dedicated community and growing brand loyalty. Telegram’s file-sharing capabilities make it a great tool for sharing your content. Customizable bots help you to streamline your customer service and engagement strategies.
The best time to post on Reddit
The best time to post on Reddit is Saturdays through Mondays from 6 am to 8 am.
Reddit in numbers:
- Reddit has 50 million daily active users.
- Reddit users spend close to 10.5 minutes per visit on the network.
- As of 2021, there are more than 2.8 million subreddits.
- Reddit sees the most traffic from the US (47.9%).
Users on Reddit participate in various niche communities (subreddits) which provides you with the unique chance to tap into specific demographics and interests. Up- and downvotes by users determine which content is shown at the top. This allows you to conduct informal market research while engaging with your audience at the same time. Participating in discussions and building a community on Reddit can help you establish credibility and trust, share your expertise, and create a genuine connection with your audience. Its user-driven nature makes it a great network for user-generated content as well.
The best time to post on Google Business Profile
The best time to post on Google Business Profile is Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 1 pm to 2 pm.
Google Business Profile in numbers:
- Almost 80% of local searches on mobile turn into purchases.
- Users are 2.7 times more likely to believe your business is reliable when your Google Business Profile is complete.
- Google Business Profile can generate up to 35% more clicks from qualified leads.
- 87% of people use Google to search for local businesses.
Google is the most visited website worldwide. Having an optimized business profile ensures that people searching for your business online will find all the information they need. More importantly, it helps display your business prominently in the SERPs. Inform users about essential details such as business hours, contact information, reviews, and images. Moreover, share news from your website, update offers, or invite visitors to events. A Google Business Profile helps users find your business quickly and easily while supplying them with enough information to follow up on their inquiries.
Is there a tool that can help me manage and schedule posts at the best times?
With the variety of best times to post on social media, it can become tricky to keep track of it all. Even with cheat sheets and reminders you still need to pull up the file or document, double check and put it on for every single network you want to share content on. Tedious, isn’t it?
Blog2Social’s Best Time Manager can take this painstaking task off your hands and save you not only time but nerves as well. This feature comes pre-programmed with the best times for each social media network. It allows you to schedule your posts for just the right moment with just a few clicks. Better yet: you can edit and save any other times convenient for your audience in the manager to automatically apply for your posts.
Why deal with the hassle of manual settings when you can save so much time and energy with Blog2Social?
On social media, you’re always in competition with others who want your audience’s attention. This makes it all the more important to stand out to stop the user’s scroll and to make them engage with your posts. But it’s not just your content that matters. Timing is another important aspect you have to consider when you want to grow on social media. You can only start growing relationships with your audience when they see you. So posting when they are online is a crucial step toward more awareness, reach, and visibility.
Social media automation tools like Blog2Social can help you manage your best times to post on social media. This way, you can save them in one place and simply schedule all your posts for the right time with a single click. Save time and resources by managing your social media schedule in one spot.
Keep in mind that fluctuations are normal and that sometimes a post shared at the right time might not get the response you hoped for. Don’t be discouraged by that! Continue sharing high-quality content, engage with your community, keep a close watch on your metrics, and always stay up to date with new developments, and your social media marketing efforts will pay off.
Anastasija Zado received an M.A. in English literature and then trained in content marketing management. She now uses her skill and knowledge from both courses as an online marketing manager working for ADENION GmbH, a company that specializes in online marketing and social media automation.