Update Blog2Social to version 6.7.1 to ensure you are using the latest version available with the latest Blog2Social features and customizations.
New adaptations and improvements:
- Telegram: a link attachment in a Telegram post can be configured in the post templates.
- XING: Old employer pages were removed.
- XING pages: Increased character limit
- Google My Business can be selected in social media posts.
- Twitter: The link attachment option for image posts is now enabled by default and can be configured in the post templates.
- New "Today" button in the social media calendar
- Flickr: Rebrandly is now disabled when posting.
- Text limit counter optimizations.
- Wording adjustments and customization of network error messages.
Bug fixes / Usability:
- Business Instagram account image post
- Twitter image posts
- Personal Instagram Connection
- Character counter
- Network group selection
Instagram Business Account (Premium)
Update Blog2Social to the latest version 6.7 and connect your Instagram Business Account with Blog2Social. The Instagram Business Account offers a lot more options than a Personal Profile, for example placing ads or creating an online shop on Instagram. You can also simplify contact for your followers with a special contact button, add business and industry information, and many things more. If you don’t have an Instagram Business Account yet, consider converting your Personal Profile into a Business Account to benefit from all advantages. If you already have a Business Account that is linked to a Facebook page, you can now connect it under the tabs "Networks -> Instagram -> + Business". Blog2Social helps you to schedule your social media communication, especially for your Business Account. Reach your audience and inform your customers about the latest news, your products and offers automatically.
Post Templates: More options for your Twitter posts (Premium)
With Blog2Social you can share link posts as well as image posts on your Twitter account. The image posts were previously shared with a link on the end of the text. From now, the post template settings also provide you with the option to exclude your links automatically in your Twitter image posts by clicking the check-box.
More improvements and tweaks:
- Notifications: When you share a post on your Facebook profile, the post appears in the tab “Site & Blog Content -> Instant Sharing”. With the new update of Blog2Social, a number will be displayed next to the tab "Instant Sharing" as soon as a new post is ready to be shared. To ensure that communication on Facebook profiles remains at a personal level, Facebook has restricted automatic publication on personal Facebook profiles. So if you want your post to be published now, simply click on "Details -> Share" in the "Instant Sharing" tab. More information in the Instant Sharing guide.
- You can now share full articles in the social networks Medium, Torial, Tumblr, and Bloglovin. The character limit has been increased from 1500 to 20,000.
- Medium: Please note that this social network displays the predefined hashtags as clickable tags at the end of your post.
- Social Networks: Each license has a specified number of accounts you can connect per social network. You can also purchase additional Facebook and LinkedIn sites as well as Facebook groups as add-on to your active Blog2Social Premium Pro or Premium Business license. If you purchased more groups and sites, you will now see an overview of the maximum number of available account connections in the tab “Networks” next to the social network.
- URL shortener: Some social networks do not allow shortlinks, so we deactivated the URL shortener for the affected social networks for your protection. Blog2Social will apply the regular URL for these social platforms. You will find a detailed overview in the URL shortener guide.
Update Blog2Social to version 6.6.4 to ensure you are using the latest version available with the latest Blog2Social features and customizations.
New adaptations and improvements:
- Optimization of keyword trimming in case the post exceeds the maximum character length
- Updating of the pre-defined best times for publishing posts
- Optimization of the display of the dropdown list of “Site & Blog Content” for filtered categories and subcategories
- Adjustments and improvements of the post preview editor
- Optimization of the notification for a WordPress "session timeout"
Update Blog2Social to version 6.6.3 to ensure you are using the latest version available with the latest Blog2Social features and customizations.
New customizations and changes:
- Improved Pinterest login via the Blog2Social browser extension.
- Optimization of image and text transmission to the Reddit network. An empty content field is now supported, so you can share your post with just an image and a title.
- Available number of characters extended for Reddit posts.
- Optimization of image posts for the Telegram network.
- Usability improvements of the "Customize & Schedule" screen.
- A mbstring extension check was added to the troubleshooting tool.
- When you go to "Blog2Social -> Networks" and click on the settings icon to assign the "best times" settings to another user, the assigned "best times" will now be considered for the "Re-share posts" function.
Update Blog2Social to version 6.6.2 to make sure that you use the latest version available with the latest Blog2Social features, improvements, and adjustments.
New changes and adjustments:
- WordPress Heartbeat troubleshooting check
- Checking the URL as you type (Extended special characters)
- Save a social media post in a text-post format as a draft
Update Blog2Social to version 6.6 to share text-only posts and video links and use pre-defined hashtags for an Instagram hashtag shuffle for each post. You can now also get Telegram as an add-on for your Smart or Pro license.
Share text-only posts
With Blog2Social you can already create social media posts and share link posts and image posts. Now you can also share social media posts based on text only. Text-only posts enable you to share pure text messages and personal comments with your followers and readers. You can also use hashtags, @mentions, or emojis to share your feelings.
Share video links
In the “Social Media Posts” section you will also find a separate tab for video posts now. You can enter a video link, for example from YouTube or Vimeo, to share videos you like on your social media networks. With video content you can generate more attention, evoke emotions and entertain your followers.Video is one of the most powerful communication tools and is becoming even more and more popular every day.
Instagram hashtag shuffle
With the Blog2Social post templates, you can define hashtags for your Instagram posts. These hashtags will then be shared with every post automatically. By activating the function “Hashtag Shuffle” in the post templates, each post will be shared with a random order of hashtags. Randomization of hashtags will increase the reach of your posts.
Telegram add-on for your Smart or Pro license
Currently, Telegram is included in the Business license. You can now also connect your website with Telegram as an add-on for your Smart or Pro license. You can connect Blog2Social with your Telegram account and broadcast your posts and messages automatically across Telegram groups and channels. Schedule your posts to publish them at your preferred date and time and save time for your Telegram communication.
More Improvements and Tweaks:
- Reddit: In addition to the title, you can now also share the content of your post.
- Notifications: When you share a post and it could not be processed by the network, you will find a notification with the reason for it under the tabs “Blog2Social -> Site & Blog content -> Notifications". With the new update of Blog2Social, a number will be displayed next to the tab "Notifications" as soon as a notification comes in. This way you will see directly when a notification appears and you can check the notification for the network and quickly make required adjustments to re-share the post.
- Calendar: You can now choose the “best time” for your scheduled posts in the calendar so that your post will be shared at the best time. You will find more information about this new feature in the guide “How do I change the time of already scheduled posts?”.
- Compatibility: Blog2Social is now compatible with Avada Builder. You will get more information about Page Builder plugins in the following guide for Page Builder plugins.
- Help & Support: A Sharing-Debugger for Pinterest was added to the troubleshooting tools in the Blog2Social Dashboard. With the Pinterest Sharing-Debugger you can see how your post preview will display your post. You will find the Sharing-Debugger by clicking the tabs “Blog2Social -> Help & Support -> Sharing-Debugger”.
Update Blog2Social to version 6.5.8 to make sure that you use the latest version available with the latest Blog2Social features, improvements, and adjustments.
- Improvements for the Pinterest authorisation.
More information: Version 6.5.8 usability improvements
Update Blog2Social to version 6.5.7 to make sure that you use the latest version available with the latest Blog2Social features, improvements, and adjustments.
- Bugfix: The UTM parameters for the auto poster functions are fixed and will now be added correctly to the the published link.
- Improvement: The post preview for Telegram is now available in the settings for the Telegram post templates.
- Improvement: The Blog2Social function to automatically adjust post comments and excerpts to the best format for the character limit of each network has been improved for the special characters "?" & "!”.
- Adaptation: Blog2Social function "getExcerpt" (extended/complete usage considering the character limitation)
- Add-on: Telegram is now available as an add-on for all valid Premium licenses (for SMART and PRO version). Telegram is included in the BUSINESS license. Unlock Telegram via the Blog2Social customer account at service.blog2social.com/login.
- Upcoming adjustments for WordPress version 5.6 (Release 08.12.2020): Update of the Blog2Social JS Bootstrap to version 3.4.1.
More information: Version 6.5.7 bug-fixes and usability improvements