Update Blog2Social to version 6.6.4 to ensure you are using the latest version available with the latest Blog2Social features and customizations.
New adaptations and improvements:
- Optimization of keyword trimming in case the post exceeds the maximum character length
- Updating of the pre-defined best times for publishing posts
- Optimization of the display of the dropdown list of “Site & Blog Content” for filtered categories and subcategories
- Adjustments and improvements of the post preview editor
- Optimization of the notification for a WordPress "session timeout"
Update Blog2Social to version 6.6.3 to ensure you are using the latest version available with the latest Blog2Social features and customizations.
New customizations and changes:
- Improved Pinterest login via the Blog2Social browser extension.
- Optimization of image and text transmission to the Reddit network. An empty content field is now supported, so you can share your post with just an image and a title.
- Available number of characters extended for Reddit posts.
- Optimization of image posts for the Telegram network.
- Usability improvements of the "Customize & Schedule" screen.
- A mbstring extension check was added to the troubleshooting tool.
- When you go to "Blog2Social -> Networks" and click on the settings icon to assign the "best times" settings to another user, the assigned "best times" will now be considered for the "Re-share posts" function.
Update Blog2Social to version 6.6.2 to make sure that you use the latest version available with the latest Blog2Social features, improvements, and adjustments.
New changes and adjustments:
- WordPress Heartbeat troubleshooting check
- Checking the URL as you type (Extended special characters)
- Save a social media post in a text-post format as a draft
Update Blog2Social to version 6.6 to share text-only posts and video links and use pre-defined hashtags for an Instagram hashtag shuffle for each post. You can now also get Telegram as an add-on for your Smart or Pro license.
Share text-only posts
With Blog2Social you can already create social media posts and share link posts and image posts. Now you can also share social media posts based on text only. Text-only posts enable you to share pure text messages and personal comments with your followers and readers. You can also use hashtags, @mentions, or emojis to share your feelings.
Share video links
In the “Social Media Posts” section you will also find a separate tab for video posts now. You can enter a video link, for example from YouTube or Vimeo, to share videos you like on your social media networks. With video content you can generate more attention, evoke emotions and entertain your followers.Video is one of the most powerful communication tools and is becoming even more and more popular every day.
Instagram hashtag shuffle
With the Blog2Social post templates, you can define hashtags for your Instagram posts. These hashtags will then be shared with every post automatically. By activating the function “Hashtag Shuffle” in the post templates, each post will be shared with a random order of hashtags. Randomization of hashtags will increase the reach of your posts.
Telegram add-on for your Smart or Pro license
Currently, Telegram is included in the Business license. You can now also connect your website with Telegram as an add-on for your Smart or Pro license. You can connect Blog2Social with your Telegram account and broadcast your posts and messages automatically across Telegram groups and channels. Schedule your posts to publish them at your preferred date and time and save time for your Telegram communication.
More Improvements and Tweaks:
- Reddit: In addition to the title, you can now also share the content of your post.
- Notifications: When you share a post and it could not be processed by the network, you will find a notification with the reason for it under the tabs “Blog2Social -> Site & Blog content -> Notifications". With the new update of Blog2Social, a number will be displayed next to the tab "Notifications" as soon as a notification comes in. This way you will see directly when a notification appears and you can check the notification for the network and quickly make required adjustments to re-share the post.
- Calendar: You can now choose the “best time” for your scheduled posts in the calendar so that your post will be shared at the best time. You will find more information about this new feature in the guide “How do I change the time of already scheduled posts?”.
- Compatibility: Blog2Social is now compatible with Avada Builder. You will get more information about Page Builder plugins in the following guide for Page Builder plugins.
- Help & Support: A Sharing-Debugger for Pinterest was added to the troubleshooting tools in the Blog2Social Dashboard. With the Pinterest Sharing-Debugger you can see how your post preview will display your post. You will find the Sharing-Debugger by clicking the tabs “Blog2Social -> Help & Support -> Sharing-Debugger”.
Update Blog2Social to version 6.5.8 to make sure that you use the latest version available with the latest Blog2Social features, improvements, and adjustments.
- Improvements for the Pinterest authorisation.
More information: Version 6.5.8 usability improvements
Update Blog2Social to version 6.5.7 to make sure that you use the latest version available with the latest Blog2Social features, improvements, and adjustments.
- Bugfix: The UTM parameters for the auto poster functions are fixed and will now be added correctly to the the published link.
- Improvement: The post preview for Telegram is now available in the settings for the Telegram post templates.
- Improvement: The Blog2Social function to automatically adjust post comments and excerpts to the best format for the character limit of each network has been improved for the special characters "?" & "!”.
- Adaptation: Blog2Social function "getExcerpt" (extended/complete usage considering the character limitation)
- Add-on: Telegram is now available as an add-on for all valid Premium licenses (for SMART and PRO version). Telegram is included in the BUSINESS license. Unlock Telegram via the Blog2Social customer account at service.blog2social.com/login.
- Upcoming adjustments for WordPress version 5.6 (Release 08.12.2020): Update of the Blog2Social JS Bootstrap to version 3.4.1.
More information: Version 6.5.7 bug-fixes and usability improvements
Update Blog2Social to version 6.5.6 to make sure that you use the latest version available with the latest Blog2Social features, improvements, and adjustments.
- Bug-fix of the Auto-Post function.
- Usability adjustments for the display of the plugin in WordPress.
- Minor changes of wording in the plugin navigation.
- VK (VKontakte) has restricted the support of URL shorteners. Instead of the shortcode URL, all VK posts will be published with the regular URL, even if you have configured a URL shortener within the Blog2Social settings.
Update Blog2Social to version 6.5.5 to make sure that you use the latest version available with the latest Blog2Social features, improvements, and adjustments.
XING Employer Branding Profiles (pages) in new design
XING is currently updating the Employer Branding Profiles to a new design. This update will change the URL of the Employer Branding Profiles from https://www.xing.com/companies/ to https://www.xing.com/pages/. XING is offering a transition period until November 30, 2020 for the conversion to the new design. During this time, both profile formats will co-exist. After that date, XING will automatically switch all profiles to the new design.
To ensure all your data is transferred correctly, XING recommends that you make a manual conversion before November, 30, 2020. In addition to the new design and many technical improvements, the space for posting texts will also increase from 400 to 1,000 characters. We have adapted the post format to all these improvements so you can present your topics and messages in more details with Blog2Social. Don’t wait to convert your XING page to the new design.
If you already have changed your Employer Branding Profile, reconnect it to the Blog2Social network settings (+ XING page).
For those who have not yet changed over, the existing connections in the network settings will still be active and are marked with "Old design until 11/30/2010". Authorizations that have not been updated in Blog2Social after 11/30/2010 are no longer valid and will be asked to update the authorization.
With the new update version 6.5.5 Blog2Social will be ready to connect to the new XING Employer Profiles that are now available.
The Blog2Social post templates or the new XING Employer Branding Profile (pages)
The updated Blog2Social post-template for XING Employer Branding Profiles (pages) now allows you to individually adjust the character limit for both designs during the transition period until November 30, 2020.
More information: Version 6.5.5 XING Employer Branding Profiles Adjustments