#1 Email your subscribers
If you don’t have an email newsletter yet,
#2 Make it easy for your blog visitors to share and promote your blog posts and images
Tools to use to make it easy for your visitors to share and promote your blog posts
- Use the Better Click to Tweet plugin for your blog. The plugin adds ready-to-use Twitter boxes to your posts or pages. (free & premium)
- Try the Simple Share Buttons Adder or the Social Warfare plugin for your blog to add social media buttons to your post. There are multiple design options to choose from more networks, designs and analytics options. (premium)
- Get the Pinterest Hover Pin It Button plugin for your blog to make your blog post images pinnable (free)
- Use the WWM Social Share On Image Hover for your blog, if you want to offer your readers more options to share your images on social media. The plugin adds 6 social media icons on your blog post images: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Tumblr. It will show the social media icons automatically on hover the post images on your site. (free & premium)
#3 Cross-promote your blog post on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Each network has a different character limit and different image size requirements.
- In some networks, you can join current discussions by adding popular hashtags. Hashtags also turn your posts into searchable content.
- Some networks activate @ handles to reach out to specific users.
- Or, you can add emojis to personalize your posts with emotions.
How to cross-promote your blog post on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Share your post on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn (if your content is business-related)
- If you have a product or business page on Facebook, LinkedIn, share your posts on your pages as well but at different times and days.
- Also, share your blog post to relevant groups and communities on Facebook and LinkedIn, but share them on different days and times and use different messages tailored for each group.
- Schedule your post multiple times on Twitter and on your LinkedIn timeline, but be more selective with Facebook.
- Schedule your posts at the best times for each network and spread over several days, weeks and month to extend the lifespan of your posts. Re-share and re-schedule your evergreen posts from time to time, to revive them.
- Use the Blog2Social plugin to share and cross-promote your blog posts automatically to your social media channels, directly from the WordPress dashboard. The plugin allows you to auto-post and to customize your posts individually for each network. You can also schedule your posts to be shared at the best times to post on each network. The plugin auto-posts your blog posts to Facebook (profiles, pages), Twitter, LinkedIn (profiles, pages), XING (profiles, pages, groups), Diigo, and Reddit, to Tumblr, Medium, Torial for re-publishing your post, as well as your images on Instagram, Flickr, and Pinterest. You may also re-post old post and pre-schedule your scheduled post for auto-posting.
#4 Share your images to promote your blog post
How to best promote your blog post images on social media:
- Share your post on Pinterest, Instagram, and Flickr, using your focus image with your introduction, hashtags and a link to your post.
- If you have multiple images in your blog post, share them all, but share them on different days and at different times, stressing a different focus of your topic.
- You can also share your post with selected images as image post format on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to re-share your posts with different visual anchors.
- Note: Image post formats will automatically upload your images to your media gallery on Twitter and Facebook,. Your images don’t disappear in your timeline, but can be accessed by your followers anytime they browse your gallery. So don’t forget to add a link to your post in the comment of your image post to make your blog post accessible as well.
# 5 Promote your blog post in blogger communities
- Share your blog post in special interest communities on Reddit, Bloglovin’ or Triberr
- Also look for other blog submission networks to share your latest posts, such as:
- Look for communities and discussions on your topic to comment and share your post
- Always stick to the community rules, when sharing your content.
#6 Link your post on social bookmark sites
- Share a link to every blog post on sites such as Diigo, Digg or StumbleUpon
- Look for users and collections sharing similar links and connect.
#7 Syndicate your content
Where to syndicate your blog post
- Torial, if it is relevant for journalists
- LinkedIn Pulse, if your blog post is business-related.
General tips for re-publishing your post
- Always re-publish your blog posts with 5-7 days delay to your original post, for letting Google index your original blog post first.
- Vary your headlines and your copy a bit, to address a more specific audience.
- Always include a link to your original post or related posts to drive readers to your blog or website.
Tools to use for re-publishing your content automatically on social media networks
- You can use the Medium plugin to automatically re-publish your blog post on Medium.
- You can use the Tumblr Crosspostr to automatically re-blog your post on Tumblr.
- Use the Blog2Social plugin to re-publish your blog post to Tumblr, Medium, Torial or Bloglovin’ automatically. The plugin provides a full Rich Text Editor for these networks, so you can optionally edit your title and copy or even change your image if needed. And, most importantly, you can schedule your post to get them re-published on different days and times.
#8 Re-purpose your Content
How to turn your blog post content into multiple media formats
- Turn your key facts and images into a slideshow and share it on networks like Slideshare, Scribd
- Screencast your slideshow into a short video clip with a link to your blog post and share it on YouTube, Vine & Co.
- Add voice to your post and turn your blog post into a podcast. Add it to your blog post for readers who prefer to listen rather than to read and share it on sites such as iTunes, Google Play Music, Stitcher, PocketCast.
- Turn long posts into a white paper or ebook as a takeaway for your blog and to share it on Slideshare, Scribd, Issue, & Co.
- Write a checklist for your post as take away and share the checklist.
- Create an infographic for your post and share the infographic.
Use these repurposed content media also to re-share your post on your social media channels.
Tools to use for repurposing your content in other media formats
- Use Powerpoint or Google Slides to create a simple presentation of your blog post. You can create an mp4 or .wmv file to use them as video.
- Use Prezi to create vivid and animated slides
- Create a screencast with Camtasia if you need more options and editing.
- Use Audacity for creating a simple podcast
#9 Write guest posts on your topics
- Look out for sites such as:
- Always stick to the guidelines for guest post submission each site provides
#10 Reach out to influencers to promote your blog post
Tools to use for reaching out to influencers
Melanie Tamblé is co-founder and co-CEO of Adenion GmbH. She is an experienced expert in content marketing and social media.
Adenion GmbH specializes in online services and tools for bloggers, businesses and agencies of any size to support their online marketing and content seeding tasks on the web.
Blog2Social as WordPress Plugin and WebApp enable fast and easy auto-posting, scheduling and cross-promotion of blog posts, articles, links, images, videos and documents across multiple social media sites.
Social media posts will be automatically turned into a customized format for each social platform and auto-scheduled for the best time. Social media post can be previewed and tailored with individual post formats, images or personal comments – all in one easy step.