Content Curation is one of the key strategies used in social media marketing. Sharing third-party content will add more value and variations to your own social media content. Presenting relevant content from other sources will also help establish your social media accounts as a valuable resource for your particular field of expertise.
You can automatically post and schedule curated content with Blog2Social, in addition to automating the social media marketing of your own blog posts and WordPress websites. This way, you can organize your complete social media scheduling right from your WordPress dashboard.
You can curate third-party content on these networks
- Twitter (1 profile)
- Facebook (profiles & pages)
- XING (profiles & pages)
- VKontakte (profiles & pages)
- Twitter: Due to the new guidelines and cross-posting terms of Twitter, users are no longer allowed to post identical or substantially similar content to multiple accounts or multiple duplicate updates on one account. The "Customize & Schedule" feature allows you to publish your posts on several Twitter accounts at the same time by varying the tweets (Kommentartexte, Bilder, Hashtags oder Handles).
- Instagram and Pinterest: Curated content from image networks can be published and planned with the Content Curation feature, if an image is contained in the curated content.
- Third-party content that do not contain Open Graph parameters can be shared with the Content Curation feature. You can edit your image by clicking on "Customize & Schedule" and then changing the post format to Image Post.
How to share and schedule curated content posts with Blog2Social
Click on “Social Media Posts” in your Blog2Social Plugin in your WordPress dashboard.
You can choose between "Link Post" and "Image Post".
If you want to share a Link Post you can copy a link from any source into the box. You can share your favorite websites, blog articles and even video-links on social media.
Then click on “continue”.
Blog2Social automatically loads the link preview for you to see how your link will be displayed on social media.
Enter a comment to your link (1) and choose emojis you want to share (2). Then you can choose whether you want to share it immediately or schedule it for a specific date.
Share on your standard social media account selection or select a preferred Sharing Profile with your pre-defined social media accounts for your content curation activities (You can also customize your current account selection with the Customize & Schedule option below).
Click on “share” to share your post directly to your social media accounts.
You can also customize and schedule your posts individually. By clicking on “Customize & Schedule” your can individually tailor your post just like you tailor your own blog posts.
Save your curated content as drafts
You can collect and prepare posts for your Content Curation campaigns first and save them as drafts and edit or share them at a later date.
Enter your link in the text field and your text in the comment field. If you want to write your text later, you can also place a placeholder here first. Then click on "Save as draft" to save your curated post as a draft.
Schedule all your content curation posts with Blog2Social to automatically fill your social media feeds with a consistent content mix of your own content and third-party content.
Delete your drafts
Collecting interesting articles is fun and can easily be done using the Blog2Social. This can easily lead to hundreds of articles that might be interesting for your followers. But when it’s time to schedule your content curation, many of them might not make the cut.
Delete the posts you once planned to curate but changed your mind. This helps you to “clean up“ and keep the best possible overview of your content drafts that you have saved for curating.
Simply click on “Drafts” in the right navigation bar of your Blog2Social dashboard.
Then select the draft you want to delete and click on “delete”.
Confirm your choice by clicking on “YES, delete”.
Do you want to learn more about how to create social media posts? Then take a look at this FAQ:
How to create social media posts and share images, text, and links on social media